THE FOENIX WIKI
Welcome to the Foenix Project! Here you will find a series of brand new computers lovingly made by Stefany Allaire in the style of the early 16 and 32 bit machines of lore! This is your chance to be a participant in the development of a new platform -- to start with a brand new machine akin to a high-end Atari or Amiga, write its very first programs, see what it can do, push its limits, and experience something new! Models are available with a 65816 CPU, a 680x0 series CPU, or both, with more CPU options planned for the future.
All Foenix systems include the following base features:
|320x240x60fps||16x16 mouse pointer||2x Gideon FPGASID||SD Card slot|
|400x300x60fps||8x8 character plane||16-bit stereo CODEC||2x PS/2 (kbd/mouse)|
|640x480x60fps||64 16x16x256 sprites||TI SN76489 (Sega, Cabinets)||Stereo 1/8" headphone|
|800x600x60fps||4x 16x16x256 tile planes||Yamaha OPL3 (Sound Blaster)||Stereo RCA Line In/Out|
|24-bit RGB color space||2x 256-color bitmap planes||3KHz piezo beeper||2.5" internal IDE HDD|
Additional features vary by class of unit:
|Basic||C256U||A2560U||Basic units with 3-wire serial and an expansion port.|
|Luxury||C256FMX||A2560K||Expanded units with MIDI, floppy, 9-wire serial, 25-pin parallel, and more!|
|Explorer||Gen-X||All of the above plus support for two CPUs!|
Join the Discord,
Order your computer at https://c256foenix.com, and
Join in the fun!
Is this another FPGA Retro like the MiSTer?
- No! These machines are the real thing. You'll be running on a real 65816, 68000, 68040, i486dx2, etc. :).
Are these machines compatible with the C64? C128? Amiga? Atari-ST? IBM-PC?
- No! This is not a MEGA65, a Vampire, or an Ultimate64. We already have those platforms. This is something new and different!
Is there an emulator?
- Yes! See the Emulators page!
Is the hardware "Open Source"?
- The schematics are available for download from the Discord. The FPGA code is presently closed-source to keep the platform from becoming fragmented.
Are there any programming tutorials for the Foenix?
- Stefany Allaire's videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNX2L8_enbRUAb8zKaR2KzQ
- Tail Recursive's videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMNLxfepc0xAZodcvOlVenQ
- You can also follow along with the development of the Gen-X on Stefany's Patreon page.